27 YEARS OF KIDNEY CARE
Narmada Kidney Foundation is a registered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) set up in 1993 with aim to help people with Kidney disease.
Seeing the rising incidence of chronic kidney disease (CKD), it’s devastating medical complications and its economic as well as social implications, Dr. Bharat Shah, one of the eminent Nephrologists of Mumbai, set up the foundation with the support of his wife Dr. Mita Shah, other family members and like-minded people. Narmada Kidney Foundation, over the years, has grown to be one of the largest kidney related NGOs in the country with a large membership.
Narmada Kidney Foundation’s guiding principle is “Life shared life lived”. The foundation believes that the knowledge is strength supreme & sharing knowledge will help to achieve their goal. The foundation organizes various programs to meet its objectives and has reached out to thousands of people and their families ever since its inception.
- Help people take care of their kidneys and prevent kidney diseases.
- Help patients and their families understand kidney diseases and options for treatment.
- Provide a support group for kidney patients and to help them cope with the disease.
- Promote living and cadaver donor organ transplantation for those with end stage kidney disease and end stage disease of other organs.
- Providing temporary accommodation facility for patient & family coming to Mumbai from other places for treatment
- Approaching the Government for the following exemptions under Income Tax
- Granting 100% Income-tax deduction on the expense involved in treatment of kidney failure patient with dialysis and transplantation.
- Total exemption on sales tax on equipment and drugs used in treatment of patients with kidney failure.
- A greater financial support to transplant patients from the Chief Minister’s and Prime Minister’s relief fund.